Man Found Dead At Abandoned Tustin Car Wash After Being Involved In An Electrocution Accident
TUSTIN, CALIFORNIA (October 7, 2018) A man was found dead on the inside of an abandoned car wash in Tustin that is located on Redhill Avenue.
Orange County police believe that the man was accidentally electrocuted after he was inside the car wash. Police are still working to identify the man that died.
There was a live electrical wire at the scene. It remains unclear what the man was doing on the inside of the Tustin car wash where the electrocution took place.
An investigation into the accident remains ongoing at this time.
Electrocution Accident Statistics
OSHA has identified electrocution accidents as one of the “fatal four” reasons that workers are killed or seriously injured. Around 8.3% of workplace deaths occur as a result of an electrocution. But workers are not the only ones that end up being injured or killed in electrocution accidents. Civilians are regularly electrocuted either by down power lines or by live electrical wires. In most circumstances, live electrical wires can be very unassuming. Movies often depict live electrical wires dancing wildly and throwing off sparks, but this is rarely ever the case. A tiny wire that would be invisible to most people with the diameter of a small string can deliver enough electricity to be fatal. There are a number of circumstances under which a property owner or company could be found liable if a person is electrocuted. An experienced premises liability attorney can evaluate the facts of your case and let you know what your rights are.
Liability In Electrocution Accidents
Property owners have a responsibility to take reasonable measures to protect people from harm. The level of care that a property owner has to people depends on their status. For example, invited guests and customers will be owed a great deal of care. Trespassers, generally speaking, will be owed far less care. Property owners will usually not be liable when someone trespasses and is injured. However, if a business owner created a hazard (or knew about it) and also knew that there was a reasonable chance that someone would be injured they could be held liable. One of the clearest examples of this is when a property owner deliberately booby traps their land in anticipation of someone being injured. Victims or their family may be able to file a claim for damages in order to be compensated for lost wages, medical bills and pain and suffering.
Getting Help From A Premises Liability Attorney
We at West Coast Trial Lawyers extend our deepest condolences to the family of the man that died after being electrocuted at this car wash. We sincerely hope there is a thorough investigation into what happened. Moreover, there needs to be steps taken in order to make sure that more people are not injured or killed in the future. A live electrical wire in an abandoned building is a hazard. A child or anyone curious about the property could have been killed.
If you or someone that you love has been injured or killed after being electrocuted by a live wire you may have legal recourse. Our team of compassionate and experienced personal injury attorneys are here to help in any way that we can. We have the staff and resources to conduct a thorough investigation into your case and let you know if you have a claim that can be pursued. Call us today for a risk free consultation about your rights (888) 888-9285.
ABC7.com staff. Man found dead in vacant car wash in Tustin. August 11, 2018
Patch California, News Partner. Man Electrocuted Inside Orange County Car Wash. August 12, 2018
Lawrence Kamm. Electrical Accident Liability. 2018
Jim Ballidis. Premises Liability: When May You Hold a Property Owner Liable for Your Injuries? 2018
OSHA. Commonly Used Statistics. 2018