Wilson Aberin North Hills: Wilson Aberin Killed In North Hills Hit-And-Run Motorcycle Accident On the 405 Freeway By Roscoe Boulevard
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA (May 16, 2020) – A 68-year-old motorcyclist identified as Wilson Aberin has died in a hit-and-run car accident involving a Range Rover on the 405 Freeway by Roscoe Boulevard.
California Highway Patrol are saying that the accident took place around 7:00 p.m. on Thursday. For reasons that remain under investigation the driver of a Range Rover hit Wilson Aberin as he was riding his motorcycle.
The driver of the Range Rover fled the scene and is currently being pursued by police. Authorities with information about the driver should reach out to the LA Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS.
Paramedics were called to the scene in order to help the victim. Despite life-saving measures Wilson Aberin later died due to his injuries. An investigation remains ongoing at this time.
Liability In North Hills Hit-And-Run Motorcycle Accidents
Hit-and-run accidents are on the rise across the United States. According to AAA, “The current analysis found that both the rates of hit-and-run crashes and fatalities are increasing. There were an estimated 737,100 hit-and-run crashes in 2015 (NHTSA, 2016). This translates to a hit-and-run crash happening somewhere in the U.S. every 43 seconds. The 2,049 fatalities that resulted from hit-and-run crashes in 2016 were the highest number ever recorded (NHTSA, 2017).” There are a number of reasons that hit-and-run accidents take place.
- Fear: Drivers may fear going to jail and decide to flee the scene
- Drug Use: A large number of hit-and-run accidents are caused by alcohol or drug use.
- Speeding: Drivers that speed are far more likely to be involved in car accidents.
- Reduced visibility: Many hit-and-run collisions happen at night when pedestrians and other drivers are less visible.
There is simply no reason that a driver should ever flee the scene of an accident. It is a felony to flee the scene of an accident that results in bodily injury or death. According to California Vehicle Code 20001, “The driver of a vehicle involved in an accident resulting in injury to a person, other than himself or herself, or in the death of a person shall immediately stop the vehicle at the scene of the accident and shall fulfill the requirements of Sections 20003 and 20004.” It’s important that evidence is properly protected after an accident. There are a number of ways that police catch hit and run drivers.
- Eye Witnesses: Many hit-and-run drivers are identified by eye witnesses. This is why it is so important that they be sought out and interviewed.
- Surveillance Cameras: A number of intersections have cameras that can help identify the vehicle involved in a hit-and-run. Businesses also have cameras that may capture an accident.
- Accident Reconstruction: Police can still identify the vehicle involved through a forensic analysis of car fragments left at the accident scene.
The family of any victim that died in a hit-and-run accident may have legal recourse through a wrongful death claim. In order to win a civil claim plaintiffs must demonstrate negligence. There are four key elements of negligence:
- The defendant had a legal duty to act in a reasonably safe manner
- The defendant breached that legal duty
- The breach was the proximate cause of the accident
- The plaintiff sustained damages
Damages in civil claims can help cover lost wages, medical bills and pain and suffering. A car accident attorney can examine all of the facts of your case free of cost and get to the bottom of what may have caused an accident. There are, however, statute of limitations associated with pursuing civil claims. It is therefore important to act quickly.
Investigating A Los Angeles Car Accidents
We at West Coast Trial Lawyers extend our deepest condolences to the family of Wilson Aberin. Any person that may have seen what happened should reach out to police. This is deeply unfortunate for everyone involved. The driver of the Range Rover should do the right thing and turn them-self into the authorities.
Do you need more information about an accident that took place in North Hills? Our team of personal injury attorneys are here to help with whatever you need. We can investigate your case free of cost and let you know what your legal options are. Whether you just have questions about the law or need a free police report about an accident we are here for you. You’re always welcome to reach out to us anytime at (888) 888-9285.